Joe’s result-driven leadership style, ability to recruit and develop good people, and his customer based focus are the driving forces behind PULS Inc‘s success in the mid-Atlantic region. His entrepreneurial spirit has helped him take a one man operation and build it into a strong, full service, national and international player in the industry. Joe comprehends the utility locating industry and is exceptional at bringing in new business because he understands the needs of the customer and can operationally deliver a superior product and service. With 20 employees, state of the art technology and a strong base of customers, PULS is positioned for more aggressive growth in the coming years.
Joe’s diverse background has provided him with a strong operational and sales background that positions him well to navigate the complexities of resource allocation, geographic expansion and financial management in a growing business.
Relevant Project Experience:
Listed below is an overview of Joe’s diverse and extensive background:
- Managed and operated GEI, a $ 4 million construction company firm involved in milling, paving, and general construction. He managed the crews, sales and overall P&L and was responsible for adding $2 million in new business. ( 2003-2005)
- District Manager for STS, Inc; a utility locating company where he was responsible for a developing new business, resource hiring and development and all related P & L management. ( 1998-2001) Some specific responsibilities included:
- Managed the start-up of a $5 million 3-year contract for PECO Energy with a staff of 68 including all supervisors and locate technicians.
- Negotiated and managed a $10 million contract with water, gas and telephone companies.
- Assisted in start-up operations in Florida and South Carolina.
- Supervisor for NOCUTS, a utility locating company in Queens, NY where he was responsible for managing all field operations including 15 technicians, quality assurance and all customer complaints.